Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Rainy Day Dreams

Alicia: *Composed while sitting in Panera Bread waiting on my Chai Tea Latte with soymilk. No, it wasn't raining - it needs to, but it's really only been spurting down on us every other afternoon or so.

Rainy Day Dreams

One day - it rained.
The sky opened twice
Cleverly dropping cats -
And dogs - some say.

Well, how I laughed!
That is to say -
People stared. Wondering why -
I came by that part of town.

Whispers in the corner.
Trolleys down the lane.
Bumbling men selling trees.
Did I say it was raining?

Crooked mazes of red cobblestone ...
How come I to this place?
... And windy angry rivers
Made angrier still by the rain.

Well, one day I just looked.
And it was raining.

2 comments:

geoffrey said...

beautiful...simply beautiful. :)

Brian/Alicia said...

Thanks Geoffrey! That means a lot from a fellow poet!