Sunday, February 12, 2006

Radiant Abuelita

We had to post this picture on our site since it's such a beautiful, radiant picture of my [Alicia] mother! We had the good fortune to visit Jameh (and Katrina and Nafeh) again in January. As you have probably been able to tell from his (Jameh's) web site, he's growing so fast and quickly developing more and more character in his lovely, little countenance. His birth was such an amazing experience for me [Alicia]. My mother and I had the blessing of being with Katrina throughout her labor. I have been graciously (too graciously, I think) thanked for my efforts in that process, but I can only offer that I would not have felt as confident in my own instincts had my own mother not been there. Her wealth of experience, love, and words of wisdom gave me so much strength and allowed me to truly connect with Katrina and be as much of a help to her as I could be. It was also such a blessing that so many family members could be there as well throughout the hours leading up to and after the birth (Katrina's parents, her brothers, her cousin, Navid, and my husband were all there during the labor-though not necessarily in the room during her hard labor hours as only a couple people were allowed to stay). And, then, fortunately, Nafeh's mother, Karen, was able to join us shortly after the birth. Other family members were also there in spirit, we are sure, if not frequently by phone. I only hope I am blessed to have so many family members surrounding us when we have our children. Then, the blessings of this birth continued as my mother and I were able to stay several extra days to help Katrina out during the critical days after the birth. We miss Jameh so much and can't wait to see him again!

I love this picture of Jameh and Brian! Just see how Jameh's fingers reach back for Brian's hand...so adorable!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow, Alicia, I guess I know who you take after! You mom is beautiful, and I'm sure you'll keep being beautiful, too!

I didn't know you were there all through the birth, that's so cool!

Brian is a good uncle, I know we miss you both!