Friday, September 21, 2007

Happy Birthday Amelia and Navid!

Alicia: Today is my sister Amelia's birthday and coincidentally my cousin, Navid's birthday as well! I am so very proud of the amazing adults and individuals they have become. They are both working toward their dreams in their own ways.

Navid easily reveals his extremely silly side, especially around his cousins Brian and Geoffrey, but then has this amazing dedication to his work, his family, service, the perfection of ones character and bringing joy to others with his easy smile and witty reparte! But watch out when he gets into a water fight with his cousins! Still .. he has a plan or rather, I should say, plans ... and he is going to do amazing things and, in fact, does them already in the way he enriches the lives of all those he works with on a daily basis.

Amelia ... dear, sweet Amelia ... she and I have grown so close over the past year I am very proud to say! I have always been exceedingly proud of her and the woman she has become and even more so as she gets ready to embark on what will be a fascinating learning experience with a New York children's theatre production company. I am so, well, proud (there are really not any other words to describe it) that she is going after her dreams. It's not an easy thing to do in this world today - to master the natural desire for fulfillment professionally and creatively and also to find an environment that fosters a spirit of service and the perfection of virtues. I am also very excited that she will be coming for a visit on her way back to the States from Haifa in a month!

Happy Birthday to you both! All our love! (See some pictures below)

No comments: