Thursday, September 20, 2007

Taleh Maria Fananapazir

Alicia: This is the name of my new little niece - Katrina (my sister) and Nafeh's (her husband) second darling, blessed child. She was born on Saturday, September 15 at 1pm. Myself, Brian (my husband), Brian (my brother), Lameh & Karen (Nafeh's parents), my parents, and Jameh were all down at the cafeteria having lunch - and in Jameh's case, taking a nap - when my mother got the call from the nurse. We rushed up there and in groups of four went in to meet this new little blessing. She is absolutely darling and I am so proud of Nafeh and Katrina. They decided this time to use hypnobirthing techniques and this worked for most of the birth. They also had with them a midwife and nurse (and of course late the delivery doctor). They did spendidly will relatively little complications and no pain meds - way to work through the pain Katrina! Oh, I am so proud of her. And, Taleh ... oh, she is just so precious and cries very much like Jameh did when he was first born though higher pitched. She's a little smaller than Jameh and I would be surprised if she ends up having blond hair like Katrina did when she was younger as her eyebrows are very blond. And, she makes the cutest faces and even smiled at me a couple times (though I am sure it had nothing to do with the fact that I was the one holding her). She and momma are home now resting and everyone is adjusting to the presence of this new little life. Jameh loves his new little sister and is just so excited and amazed by the little thing and loves pointing our her cheek and eyes and nose, etc. He's such a smart little boy - it's hard for me to believe sometimes that he's only abotu 20 months. So ... here are a few pictures from this past weekend (more will be forthcoming). Also, check out the sites at the left for more details and pictures of Taleh.







No comments: